Monday 28 May 2012

Fun in the Sun

It's funny how sunshine can instantly put you in holiday mode. I'd been ridiculously excited about the weekend all week long, and as soon as it reached 5:30pm on Friday I practically skipped out of the office, and headed to Covent Garden to meet two of my friends for dinner and drinks. Venue of choice was Sway who not only accept Tastecard which meant 50% of food, but they were also running a promotion for 50% off all drinks until 8:30pm - Result! We took full advantage of the half price cocktail menu and indulged in a Sharer cocktail called Gold Blush which is a delicious mix of vodka, archers, apple and cranberry juice topped with prosecco, served in a disco ball - love!

Golden Blush



The food was great but the service for drinks was slow. Sway is great for a cheap evening with friends but give it a miss if your planning a special evening or have a hot date.

Following a very merry Friday I got up early and jumped on a train to Southend. I haven't been to Southend in years, but in the 26 degree heat there really was no better place to be than by the seaside. 
"Oh I do like to be beside the seaside"



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. They make my day, so do leave me a little note xxx